About the Gifted and Talented Academy
At Sporting Start, we run a Gifted and Talented Academy which was set up 6 years ago with the aim to bridge the gap between high quality P.E. lessons and club/community sport available to your children. Meetings take place, after school approx. every three weeks across the academic year. These mainly take place at Great Ouseburn Village Hall, but other venues such as Marton cum Grafton Primary School are regularly used.
The academy offers all children the following experiences:
- Opportunities to participate at a higher level within their sport e.g. trials
- Opportunities to meet and develop skills with other gifted and talented athletes
- Nutrition, psychology and sportsmanship sessions
- Trips & resdentials e.g. various football matches inc Man City, Man Utd & Leeds, Britains Strongest Man, Wimbledon etc
Nominate your child
If you feel that your child is Gifted and Talented in sport; we run an annual Open Trial.
The trial will involve your child being assessed in 10 individual tests, which measure agility, balance and speed. They will also take part in a stamina and mental aptitude test.
To nominate your child please can you book your child onto the trial by emailing Claire the Academy leader at Sportingstart2@gmail.com.
We will require the following details:
- Full name
- School & year group
- Sports & the level at which they play e.g. club
- Emergency contact
- Parental email